Monday 27 March 2017

Greenwich Park Revealed survey - don't mess with it!

Never rains but it pours ... or I'm having a morning of activism, and I do like to capture my pearls. So Greenwich Park have this 'Revealed' improvement project on which they are consulting, and there is a survey. It asks a lot of questions about me and my 'visit' - I go there most days for my morning constitutional, sometimes with Lesley, of a 2 mile fast walk around the perimeter. It is all lovely, despite the dogs and joggers, and the flower garden (which has neither) is the high spot. The survey only asked 2 questions about my opinions, and so here they are recorded for posterity (ahhh, that's the word).

What would you change/improve?
Honestly I love it just as it is - I would not change anything. I do understand the need for the Park to find other revenue opportunities, and I can see that is what you are doing on the back of the Revealed programme, but PLEASE just leave the Flower Garden as it is - a wonderful, quiet retreat. Oh there is one thing I would do, and that is get rid of the parakeets because their incessant screeching drowns out the normal birdsong and they don't belong.

What reduces your enjoyment?

The organised Running events are annoying because the runners seem to think they own the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment